- supervise a small group of campers between ages 5 – 13
- plan and implement the daily programming of skill development, games and other activities for your group
- build relationships with campers in your group and be aware of individual needs and health concerns
- participates in planning special events/activities for the group or whole camp as part of the staff team including meetings
- supervise camper lunch time ensuring health and safety of campers at all times
- enter and supervise campers in the swimming pool during the afternoon swim and where needed, assist pool aquatic staff in enforcing pool rules and regulations
- ensure a fun and safe atmosphere for all campers and staff including adhering to and enforcing all camp safety plans and return camp operating guidelines
- set a good example for campers by being conscientious and enthusiastic about camp
- setting a good example for and help manage CITs, LITs and volunteers
- communicate with and provide feedback to parents on a daily basis
Duties include all duties of a Camp Counselor plus:
- manage and oversee a complete RCSC camp location including programming planned by other staff
- manage and motivate a team of staff and volunteers
- provide evaluations for each staff and recommendations for improvements
- adhere to and implement camp programming
- manage and troubleshoot all issues and situations that arise onsite
- communicate with head office regularly
- administrative paperwork submitted to head office weekly
- manage the distribution and purchase of camp gear by families/campers
- maintain equipment, supplies and camp products in an orderly fashion
- ensure a fun and safe atmosphere for all campers and staff
*Please note: Remote site supervisors may be required to perform a few additional duties that are not listed above but will be outlined during the interview process.Apply Now!
Volunteers are often our former campers but volunteering is open to virtually anyone. Being a volunteer is often the first step towards becoming a staff member at the Royal City Soccer Club. Volunteers are treated like staff and expected to maintain a good work ethic by assisting all staff onsite and providing a fun and safe learning atmosphere for campers. Volunteers should be energetic, enthusiastic, responsible and a team player. Volunteers are required to watch a volunteer video prior to starting which will be forwarded to you shortly before camp starts.
Please note that in order to be eligible to volunteer with us, you must be at least 14 years old by that week of camp. If you are 18 or older you must provide a police record check for the vulnerable sector.Apply Now!